Sunday 3 January 2010

Main Coursework - Fonts

When it came to deciding the fonts for my magazine i researched and looked through a number of different magzine within the same genre of my magazine to look at the writing styles and fonts to see what fonts work and appeal to my target audience. When i got an idea of the style of font i wanted to use for my magazine i went on to the website www.dafont.com i looked through it and gathered a few fonts that would work for my magzine, when i had a few i put them against the images i had, to then decide which one worked the best for my magazine. The font that i finally chose appeals to my target audience in a number of ways; it has a large bubble affect and has a glitter affect which appeals to the audience and links to the idea of 'celbs and glitz & glamour'. The font is in a bright pink colour i chose this colour because when i did my target audience research you could see the number of girls that buy this genre of magazine is alot higher than the number of boys, and pink is genrally a popular coulour for young teenage girls. In comparison to the other magazine's i analysed in my earlier blog which also used bold colours , i chose to go for a more 'girly' look. I think this works well for my magzine especially with the particular issue as it includes alot of stories aimed at girls. Over all the font i chose fits in well with my magzine and hopefully will make the overall look complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment